Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow

So, it is currently snowing. This irritates me for a number of reasons. See, it just snowed. About fifteen inches, to be precise. I spent all of Saturday and Sunday shoveling this snow away from my driveway, porch, and cars, and clearing a path from my front yard to my back yard. This caused my back and arms much soreness. Now, the powers that be have decided that just as my poor, aching body has recovered from such aggravation, it is time to bring on the pain again. This batch is set to reach approximately ten inches total, which has now invalidated all of my hard work. All that pain was for naught.

Compounding the irritation is the fact that it is forecast to remain below 32 degrees Fahrenheit all week, thus making impossible the chance that some of the snow might melt. This does not please me. Not only will two feet of snow be on the ground, it will stay on the ground, until, I can only assume, April.

However, I do get off of school tomorrow, which is good, because there was a draft of an essay I was supposed to write. I never got around to it.

So, this was my very first blog post. Hate to start on such a downer, but, c'est la vie.

--Preston

4 comments:

  1. I feel the same. Campus was closed today, but the website says that it will re-open tomorrow at 8am. I guess we shall see if the roads will be plowed by then. i highly doubt it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the snowiest winter on record for the city of Philadelphia. I haven't had to shovel any snow yet, but I had to walk the mile between my apartment and campus both ways during each of the two snow storms we had in the last 48 hours. Pretty lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. Pretty sure the snow isn't going to melt until the summer. Winter is such an asshole.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just dug my car out of the snow last night (though, admittedly, not out of 2 feet of it--more like 10-12 in), and I am creaky like an old meemaw today. Thankfully my job involves sitting at a computer and answering phones. And commenting on blogs. :) More storms like this, and that Old Man Winter better watch out for the torches and pitchforks coming up the road.

    ReplyDelete